beck's blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Every time a bell rings.....

Here it is, another Christmas eve. Where has the time gone?

I received an e-mail from Karen in Singapore a couple weeks ago and thought I'd save it until now to post to you all.

First, there is the photo.....(click to enlarge).....

Photobucket

Yep, that's him alright. Singapore Snape. Up on top of her tree. Look out Santa 'cause you're in for some nasty, abusive language once you get into Karen's flat tonight!!! Here's her letter...


I’ve attached a picture of my Christmas tree. It’s a bit fuzzy, but that’s because I took it at night.
Take note of the rather distinctive angel on top.

I haven’t been able to find an angel tree-topper that isn’t ugly or cheap-looking here. I tried to make one out of felt, but the felt I bought for the face and hands was way too pink – like flamingo pink – so it just looked sunburnt and bizarre.

I managed to make 2 wings out of feathers, so while he was fast asleep on the sofa (after watching Christmas Vacation and eating a giant pile of sugar cookies) I grabbed Professor Snape and attached them to his robe with black pipe cleaners. Then I made a (crooked and dingy, of course) halo out of glitter pipe cleaners, and attached it to his scalp. Finally I used more pipe cleaners to tie him to the tree.

He was pretty ticked – not to mention terribly uncomfortable – when he woke up, but he hasn’t got his wand, so there’s not much he can do about it. Some neighbours dropped by yesterday and remarked that he is the meanest looking angel they’ve ever seen. Best, Karen


Oh....my...God!!! Look at him!!!!!

Someone better warn Santa! What about wandless magic?! I bet Snape could do some serious spells even without his wand!
(After all, he can fly like a human bat-man in the last book, couldn't he?
It's like poking a beehive with a stick I tell you!
If he's up there it must only be because he wants to be there tonight. Watching. Waiting for the fat man. What evil plans does he have in store for the jolly old elf? What mischief will he unleash?

Karen is very brave indeed. I only hope she's still safe!
I hope we hear from her soon!

I want to close this post with the same poem and comic strip page I set up a few years ago for you all.
The Night Before Christmas - A Visit from S. Snape
Enjoy your holidays and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home