beck's blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

We're Out Of Pop-Tarts

I've received an e-mail from Karen in Singapore confirming she received the patronus for her Snape!
Here's the letter... (as always, click on the photos to enlarge them)...

Dear Becky: Snape and I received the package on Friday, and we’re both delighted with it. Thanks so much! However, Snape claims that everything in the package was intended for him: he says the black and white bag is a sleeping bag, and the mug is actually a custom made single-handled potions cauldron, which is intended to be used to brew a certain kind of warm, fragrant pepper-up potion. (By which I think he means coffee.)

I couldn’t open the mokeskin bag, so I let Snape try. You should have heard the wonder and longing in his voice when he pulled out the bear. “Radar!” he said as he hugged it tightly. I laughed, “Radar? Isn’t that the name of Big Bird’s teddy bear?” The he shouted “You wouldn’t understand!” and fired a stinging hex at me. (I am SO tired of stinging hexes.) He’s right though, I don’t understand what’s going on with him and that bear. Though every once in a while I catch him cuddling it like he’s doing in the picture.



Photobucket


Awwwwwww. Look at how sweet that is! Kind of reminds me of this cute little avatar I found a few years ago... Well, Montgomery Burns had his Bobo didn't he?
I'm sure Singapore Snape feels much more secure and safe now with his Radar. (I would just like to point out here that bats, too, have radar.)


The patronus is working like a charm though (ah ha ha, nice pun!). As you can see, Dingo is quite fascinated with it,

Photobucket
so Snape can use it to distract Dingo while he makes a quick getaway.

Photobucket


Those are great photos! Dingo sure does seem to want to grab that patronus badly!!! No wonder Snape sent word he needed help!!!!


Snape also enjoys using it to send messages to me when I’m at work. (He’s tried to use the ‘fellytone’ but he always ends up shouting at phone operators, and he’s ruined two perfectly good cell phones by trying to use a quill and ink to write text messages. And the less we can say about the mess left by the owls the better!) As you can see, he uses the patronus to send only the most important messages.



Photobucket Photobucket


OMG!!!!!! I can't believe he's using his patronus to send you such trivial messages! I can just picture him lounging around on your sofa in his bunny slippers eating all your Pop-Tarts and getting crumbs all over the place!!!!


Hope you’re well. I’ve also got pictures from our vacation, which I’ll send tomorrow. Thanks again, Karen


Well, there you have it! Singapore Snape certainly looks a lot more confident and safer now with his patronus at his side. (Or on some silly errand to remind Karen at her office how low they are on groceries!!!!) I'm really looking forward to seeing their photos of Snape's snorkeling trip these past couple of weeks!!!


I also have another update from Lee Mac on her "Brady Bunch"-like Hogwarts Hoard afghan. She's finished Dumbledore and it's really fantastic! He looks just exactly like ol' Dumby. See for yourselves.....


PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 Comments:

  • I think radar is from mash, the tv show..radar had a bear that he slept with..a good show. love your blog I laughted and enjoyed it. keep up the great job.

    By Blogger Marie, at 12:06 AM  

  • You're absolutely right, Miss Rowley.
    Radar from M*A*S*H had a teddy bear and I think that's why Big Bird named his bear Radar.

    And, either Snape has been watching way to much Sesame Street, or he's been watching Hallmark channel marathons of M*A*S*H episodes. LOL!!!!

    I'm glad you like my blog! Thanks for posting!

    By Blogger Becky, at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home