beck's blog

Monday, August 03, 2009

Spock Rocks Afghan

I've been having a slow summer. I'm always working on something but not everything is interesting enough to post.
Anyway, I've finished something I thought you-all would get a kick out of so here it is. (Click on the photos to enlarge them please).


Photobucket


Yes, it's old-school Spock! (a.k.a. Leonard Nimoy).

I used a pumpkin carving stencil from Pink Raygun's site. They have several pumpkin stencils of the old Star Trek cast. And they're free stencils. Free is always good.

Then I graphed it at Microrevolt again.


Photobucket


This is the back of the afghan.

It's not a very large afghan or anything. About the size of a beach towel.
I was thinking of making the Kirk and joining them alongside each other. But I'm not sure I like the Kirk at Pink Raygun.
I Googled and Binged around for a better Kirk stencil but haven't found any other good ones.

Oh well. For now Spock stands alone.

Live long and crochet! prosper!!!!

1 Comments:

  • These are absolutely wonderful. I've never done something like this and wanted to try it. I downloaded the .pdf and went to MicroRevolt to do Spock but it doesn't want a .pdf file. How do I change the .pdf file with the picture into a .jpg or the format that MicroRevolt wants?

    Do you use SC for each stitch or DC for each stitch. Do you change colors after each color used or drag the yarn over through lots of stitches. Do you make spools of yarn for each section or cut the yarn after each stitch. Did that make sense?

    You don't have to post my comment but I can be reached at SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com

    Donna

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home