beck's blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Dingo Ate My Snapey! - Singapore update

Actually, not really.
I just always wanted to quote Meryl Streep from that 1988 movie, "A Cry in the Dark".

Snape is fine, people, don't panic.
But he does have a new flatmate to contend with.

I got an e-mail update from Karen in Singapore and two photos as well!

Hi Becky: How are things? As promised, here are some pictures of Snape’s most recent adventure.

Snape and I have a new roommate named Dingo. Dingo thinks Snape is wonderful, and is always trying to play with him, but Snape is quite disdainful of Dingo.
(Click on photos to enlarge).


Photobucket


He says it’s because Dingo is a ‘Marauder on four legs,’ who keeps trying to steal his wand and snuggle up to him (Snape does not snuggle!). But, I think it’s because Dingo bears more than a passing resemblance to a young Remus Lupin in werewolf form, and that Snape is actually a little bit scared of him. You can imagine how terrified Snape was when Dingo finally captured him and gave him a good mauling.


Photobucket


Snape now spends his days hiding from Dingo under a pillow on my bed, and trying to hex him if he gets too close. Best, Karen


Well, that doesn't seem like a very happy existence, cringing under a bed pillow! Hmmm, I might have to send him some hound repellent potion or something. Maybe a cloak of invisibility which only works on dogs. Something!!!

I know the problem all to well.

I sent Karen a photo of my hairy beast...


Photobucket


Here she is on our small sofa that used to have Harry Potter fabric on it.
She ate the fabric off. She's eaten at least 10 pairs of glasses, every remote of every appliance we've ever had, (including replacement remotes), (we don't buy remotes anymore), head sets, game boys, wallets, shoes, socks, gloves, you name it.

But anyway, it's great to hear from Karen. Maybe Dingo and Snape will become the best of friends somehow.

2 Comments:

  • If you wanted to quote, you'd have said, "the dingo's got my Snapey!" But I'm glad yer Snapey's good...

    By Blogger Brian Tristam Williams, at 11:57 PM  

  • Oh! I didn't know that!
    Actually, I guess I was more like quoting Elaine from Seinfeld , (who was also attempting a quote from A Cry In The Dark), when in one episode she says; "Maybe the Dingo ate you baby". But even that wouldn't be an exact quote. LOL!
    Thanks for posting!

    By Blogger Becky, at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home