beck's blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Earth Day Tote

Earth Day is this Wednesday and this year I made a really cool plastic canvas retro tote from 1979.
It's another Columbia Minerva kit. Vintage Columbia Minerva kits are my favorites!!



Here's the tote after I finished doing the needlepoint and joining of the front, back, bottom, and sides but before I joined it together completely. (Please click on the photos to enlarge them).


Photobucket Photobucket


Flipping it over, I sewed in the fabric lining. I chose a vintage orange fabric with tiny white dots on it.


Photobucket Photobucket


Tadaaaa! Here it is all put together. I just love the bright colors!!
The second photo has the other plastic canvas tote I've made with flowers all over it. This flower tote kit is still available in stores. It's nice too but not as awesome as the bird tote.


Photobucket Photobucket


This photo shows the two totes I've made and two kits I still plan to make. The columbia Minerva tote is vintage and is actually called Ecology Tote. I wanted to have this one done for Earth Day too but I ran out of time.
The other Lady Luck tote is also new and can still be bought in stores. I picked this one up for $8.00 at Hobby Lobby on clearance. I don't gamble but for that price, it was a steal! LOL!

Well, I hope everyone gets out there and hugs a tree on Wednesday.


Photobucket




P.S. I have some great news from Singapore Snape too!!!
He and his traveling companion Karen will be visiting the UK at the end of May and again in August.
First trip is London , Edinburgh and Stirling (which is also in Scotland ) and their second trip will be to London and Cambridge.

Plus, Snape has now acquired several Muggle outfits, (thanks to Karen's crafty crochet-hook-wielding sister), and Snape will be traveling incognito with various Muggle disguises to blend in with the crowds.

So we can look forward to Snape in some sweaters, a chef’s hat, a cowboy hat, a sailor hat, a scarf, horsebacking riding jodhpurs, a bathrobe, toques, and a pair of tight-fitting jeans (which Karen calls his ‘fun jeans.’)
(Hmmmm, sounds like he bought a Village People album. LOL!!!)

Karen has promised to send lots of pictures of his adventures and I just can't wait!!
I wish them a safe trip and hope Snape has time to visit Hogwarts via Platform 9 3/4 and ride the Hogwarts Express to his old stomping grounds. Bon Voyage Singapore Snape!!!

2 Comments:

  • hi becky
    love your blog
    wanted the scara-lee pattern, but link is broken, got any ideas on how to get caldron and witch pattern?
    thanks rose

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:01 AM  

  • Hi becky,

    wondering if you would ever sell one of the bags...11 years later dont even know if this will work haha thought id give it a shot.

    By Blogger The Quack Pack, at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home