beck's blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween High Jinx

I don't know about all of you, but I had a really wild Halloween!!!

In fact, I wrote to KJ in Singapore because I was worried that maybe she had some sort of similar experiences with her Snape doll too.

Here's part of my e-mail to her...

Dear Karen,

How have you been?

I'm not sure about you; but I did have some trouble with my Snape on Halloween.

It seems while I was answering my door to some trick-or-treaters; Snape had dashed out wearing a cap and heart sweater stolen from one of my other dolls with a sack slung over his back, and proceeded to trick-or-treat the neighborhood demanding only candy corns. (He had developed an addiction to the candy corns over the past month as I couldn't seem to keep my candy jar stocked with the stuff when all along it was him!)

He used a fall themed gift sack to collect the candy in and when he got home he put it into a glass square refrigerator container and declared it's contents off-limits to everyone but himself! *See enclosed photo (click to enlarge)







The following week he was a sugar-crazed madman hopped up on candy corn and apple cider.
(It was during this time that I believe he went on a bizarre voting rampage November 4th. He returned that evening with " I voted" stickers covering his entire body from head to toe and cackling something about "change" and "hope" and "yes I can!!!!" Well, I'm sure you heard the results of that night.

He's only now beginning to "come down" from his "high".

You know. I was surprised to realize that Snape even celebrated Halloween. I thought it was merely a made-up American holiday. But he informed me that the holiday had caught on to England years ago and it was the one time of the year he could "let his hair down" and cause mischief among muggles without retribution from the M.O.M. It seems they have a leniency for that day and that day only where they allow witches and wizards to have their fun as long as no muggles are injured during the process.

ANYWAY, it got me to thinking about you and how you are doing. I hope your Snape has been a good fellow. (But I seriously doubt it as it is in his nature).

Wishing you all the best,

~Becky~


So that was my wild Halloween. Fortunately, none of these things happened in Singapore. But I'm so happy to say that Karen wrote back this...

Snape tells me he's going on a long
vacation (He says in part to collect rare potions ingredients, but
mainly to get away from me) to Canada, Florida, Colombia and Panama in
December. I'll ask him to send you pictures if you want them for your
Blog. Best, Karen


So, of course I wrote back saying ...

Oh my gosh!!! ABSOLUTELY!
I'd love to see all the places he visits! Wooohoooo!!!!
I can just picture him now in a Panama hat, a pink flamingo shirt from Florida, a camera around his neck, sipping some Colombian coffee, with moose slippers on his feet.
Or maybe at an Edmonton Oilers game throwing steaks onto the ice rink. Or squid at Red Wing players, who knows!
Oh, I can't wait!!!

~Becky~ *doing the happy-dance as she types*


So now you've all been updated as well.
This is the best birthday present for me! (My birthday was November 13th and I've been feeling down.)

I'll be posting any and all photos of Singapore Snape whenever I receive them. (Unless he winds up completely naked participating in the Vancouver Polar Bear Swim Club's annual event at English Bay on New Year's Day.) (Those photos I'm keeping for myself!). LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home