beck's blog

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peace Work Needlepoint Pillow

About a month ago I bought a needlepoint kit from ebay which was so way retro cool I knew I had to make it.
The kit was called "Peace Work" designed by Judith Gross and it was dated 1971.
Here's a photo of the kit.



So, I finally finished it and got a pillow form and used a really thick dark green felt for the back and made a spiffy pillow.
I did change the design somewhat. I really love it!!! (Please click on the photo to enlarge it).






I used the same peace sign graph that I did for my striped peace laundry duffle bag.
The smiley is supposed to be like a sun with it's rays shining down.

4 Comments:

  • I have been watching you for a year, I swear to God, you are an amazingly talented person. I love your stuff!

    By Blogger Scarlett, at 5:10 AM  

  • Thanks so much, Scarlett!
    A lot of time I feel like I'm just talking to myself here on my blog. It's nice when someone takes time to post a comment. :o)

    By Blogger Becky, at 9:08 PM  

  • This is great; just like Janet Perry was saying, it's rare to see something that's undeniably seventies, but doesn't have the eye-burning colors. I love it!

    By Blogger John Young, at 9:23 AM  

  • Wow! That is fabulous! Now I'm going to rethink those old kits I see on ebay all the time. Good job!

    By Blogger Threeundertwo, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home