beck's blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

Puzzle Piece Scarf

I made a puzzle piece scarf using the same graph pattern I posted here about a month ago for the poncho. (Click on the photos to enlarge them).





Here's my son wearing it. It's made with all cotton sugar n cream yarn so it's very very thick. Especially since it's folded over from side to side so the ugly back is hidden inside the scarf and you don't have to look at it. So it's super-toasty-warm.





Here's a front shot and a back shot. I think my camera's flash actually went off, (outside in the full sun!), so the second shot is very hard to see. Naturally it's the one I wanted you to see most because there is the seam running up the back where I joined the sides together.

Use the same graph crocheting tunisian style with a size J cabled hook just as before only instead of five puzzle pieces across, you make only four. This way when you join the seams in back, the puzzle pieces will "match up". You also have to pay attention to your colors so that they will co-incide with each other at the joining seam. My scarf is 16 puzzle pieces long but you can make it as long as you want.

This may be a bit easier to do instead of the poncho for people who are just starting out learning tunisian crochet.
I think people will definately spot you in a crowd for sure! LOL!

4 Comments:

  • Where can I find this pattern?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  

  • Please. I need this written pattern for an afghan. Thank you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:35 AM  

  • The only pattern I have for this is the graph which I posted when I made the poncho
    Here

    By Blogger Becky, at 9:22 AM  

  • I will pay someone to make me one!!

    By Blogger kim stewart, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home