beck's blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More Spooky Stuff

I took more photos today. First I have two chair cover "pads". One is Halloweenish and one is Christmasy (Images are clickable for enlargement).






This is made from a trivet pattern book which you are supposed to use thread. I decided to try using cotton yarn and seeing how it looked. It's made by crocheting the grid first, then crocheting overtop that grid with a sort of "wiggly" line snaking it's way all throughout the grid squares. I've made the six trivets in thread before. They are awesome. So this was fun to try it in regular yarn too. The last shot is of the pad up-side-down so you can see how it looks from the back.







Ok, this one's not really spooky. (But it is spooky how dirty my floor looks underneath.) LOL!!
The last shot is the back too. I crocheted four tie strings so you can attach the pad to the chair to prevent it from slipping off. For some weird reason this Christmas one is slightly smaller than the jack-o-lantern one.






This is another pot holder/trivet thingy. I love this one. It has the Great Pumpkin on one side and Charlie Brown's shirt on the other. The ring was made with yellow to look like a full moon. Only the sincerest people get a visit from the Great Pumpkin, don't ya know. :o)






This is another purse tote. It has the skull and snake on one side. (I used those eyes you can get for making crocheted dolls). It makes him look extra creepy. Especially since they are cats eyes.
The back is black and white stripes which remind me of old prisoner's uniforms. Also kind of goth-looking too. The strap is done in all front post double crochet which curls in around itself. So then I joined the sides and it made a great handle. It kind of looks like bones. Very awesome! I trimmed it in black Fun Fur again.






Finally, this last one I am calling it Radioactive Waste Barrel Bag. I had such fun making it.
First I made the Radioactive sign using regular yarn. Then I used a soft yellow boucle yarn and made the body of the bag using 3 rows front post dc, 3 rows back post dc etc. throughout creating these sort of "ribs" which look like a barrel.
I attached the sign to the bag, crocheted a round bottom. Then made the top have spaces for a drawstring.

Then, I used glow-in-the-dark yarn and beads and crocheted them around the sign too. I also attached a few glow-in-the-dark beads to the drawstring's ends. Pretty neat, huh? I love this bag!!!

edit:

Phoenix asked about the wiggly pumpkin trivet pattern. It's from this book...






Here's the front and back. (Click to enlarge).

Thanks for asking, Phoenix. I always feel like I'm just talking to myself!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Becky:) I just love dropping by your blog! You create the most wonderful things:) Love the chair cushions, just such fun. BTW what is the name of the trivit book? I would like to check it out:)
    Your radioactive bag is just too cool:) You are so creative:)

    By Blogger Phoenix, at 4:41 AM  

  • Everytime I visit you blog I am utterly amazed at your charting/graphing skills. I wish I had those types of awesome crochet skills! I most certainly adore all of the Halloween bags. That cat wine bottle bag is great!

    By Blogger Sunday Afternoon Housewife, at 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home