beck's blog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Seeing Stars

Just some star blankets and trivets. All images are clickable for enlargement.





These are made from leftover scraps from my Yellow Sub afghan using Synphonia yarn. I've been experimenting with Beth's Star afghan pattern by doing it in front post double crochet and backpost doublecrochet. It makes a nice basketweave star and also a sort of "fern leaf" looking star. (I like the Slytherin colors in the fern leaf star. :o)





The I made a whole slew of trivets trying out different combinations of front post and back post combos.









These last ones are small blankets. I made camouflage ones. One I added stripes to so it is larger. I put both in one photo so you could compare the sizes.










5 Comments:

  • I really enjoy your fp & bp stars!!! It really gives them more life :) Great idea!!

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 8:38 AM  

  • Hi Marcia!

    Yes, they make great trivets because they aren't completely flat. They have dimention to them. So hot things shouldn't touch the countertop.

    Why do I still have your "man-bag" here? I am an airhead, I know. Just send me your address.

    I'm sorry to read about all your knee probs. That really stinks! I hope you are able to get some projects done - even while you are recouperating. I probably spelled that wrong. Oh well.

    By Blogger Becky, at 12:25 PM  

  • 1626 Chestnut St.
    Anna, TX. 75409

    Let me know how much shipping costs and your email so I can paypal it over to you :)

    I have made about 25 ami's, a couple little purses for my daughter, a couple little sun hats... I just picked up this "vintage" pattern book and I have my eye on a few things to make my gf who is about to study in London for a year :)

    Did you ever end up taking Snape out for a drive???

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 11:02 AM  

  • I like the star blanket pattern but I feel like an idiot because I can't start it. Is there some secret that I'm missing?

    By Blogger mostcurious, at 12:08 PM  

  • It's always hard to start, but once you get the beginning row, you see the pattern and what you must do.

    Chain 7. Then double crochet into the first chain you made. It forms a triangle.

    chain two.

    then double crochet back into that first chain hole.

    chain two. dc into the first hole again.

    ch 2. dc in 1st hole.

    ch 2 dc in 1st hole.

    ch 2 and slip stitch into the 3rd stitch in that first triangle you made.

    This completes the first round and if all is well, it should look like a 5 spoked wheel with two chain spaces in between each spoke.

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home