beck's blog

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Frank Sinatra Mini-ghan

This portrait ghan of Ol' Blue Eyes is loosly based on this photo of him...







(Click on the pictures for enlargement).

It's small and only measures 28 inches by 27 inches. I have the front shot there in the middle and the last picture is of the back.
It's done with a size H hook.
Red Heart yarn in black and Caron yarn in white.
A nice lap sized afghan,
Or if you wanted to accent the back of a comfy chair or couch.
Or just hang it on the wall.

Wherever he winds up, he'll always be Chairman of the Board.




5 Comments:

  • I came across your blog thanks to a fellow SnB of mine. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this lapghan. How did you figure out the pattern? Would you share?

    By Blogger Baby Beth, at 2:47 PM  

  • That is awesome, Becky!

    By Blogger Jennifer Duncan, at 12:58 PM  

  • Oh my goodness, Becky! I somehow missed this one!!!! Ole' Blue Eyes!!! Oh how do I love him!!!! Where did you end up putting him???

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 6:13 PM  

  • Well, Marcia, sadly he, like nearly all my afghans, is neatly folded and piled onto a stack of other afghans in one of many plastic bins in my closet.

    baby beth, take this stencil...

    http://www.kittybuttons.com/stencils/categories/bands/frank%20sinatra/franksinatra.jpg

    and graph it at the microrevolt knitpro website here...

    http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

    Then crochet it in either single crochet stitches or tunisian crochet.

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:09 PM  

  • OMG!!! I missed Sinatra! LOVE this one too!!

    What a talent you have!

    By Blogger Tesla, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home