beck's blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Polish Flag "Man-Bag" or "Fied-bag"

Well, Marcia Fiedorowicz, because you asked, (and you never said whether your hubby wanted to see a Polish flag bag for himself or for you), I made this zippered Polish flag man-bag.
My three boys call these man-bags. They are for putting your shaving items and toiletries in when you travel.
I have dubbed it, (and I hope you don't mind), the "Fied-bag" in honor of your fabulous Polish family name. (I am Czechoslovakian (Bohemian) on my fathers side and this is also the flag of Bohemia).
We are artsy-craftsy people indeed!!!






(Images are clickable for enlargement.)
The front and back. I put a wrist handle on the side and a sort of tab on the other side to make it easier to open and close the zipper. I had to sew the zipper in by hand. My sewing machine stinks and we have a hate-hate relationship. Needless to say, I did not put in a fabric lining either.






I propped it up with a rectangular tissue box so you could compare the size. The zipper is a dark navy blue, not black. It was all I had. I need to secure the unused zipper portion that is on the inside a little better. If a lining was sewn in, this wouldn't even be seen.

There you have it. Hope you like it! I wish I had a cool Polish coat of arms patch to put on it. It would go in the middle of the white stripe. It would look something like this. Polish flag with coat of arms

3 Comments:

  • I think I just peed myself I was so excited! My hubby is SO proud of his heritage and name. He has the Polish coat of arms actually tattooed!!! I CAN'T WAIT to show him! I LOVE it!!!!

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 9:56 AM  

  • I will totally pay you for it if you don't want it!! My hubby was STOKED when he saw it!! He also was really excited about the name.

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 9:24 AM  

  • I *HEART* YOU SO MUCH! All of my great-grandparents on my dad's side came from Poland, and I am very proud of my Polish relations. I totally plan on knitting one of these for my dad, who travels at least once a year for school for work. Thank you for posting pictures of it!

    Jaime

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home