beck's blog

Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Beatles afghan






I made this for my youngest son who loves the Beatles and wanted their logo on a blanket. (Images are clickable for enlargement).





It's very wide (42" X 69") so I had a hard time trying to fit it all in one shot.
I used a size P cabled hook.






He wanted it to be thick and warm for winter so I attached a fleece back to it.
The Yarn is Royal blue and periwinkle. The fleece is royal blue.

This is the first fleece backing attachment I've done.
I used a leather punch for making holes in the fleece, a small thread crochet hook (to bring the yarn through the hole), and then a larger hook to make a single crochet stitch. Once completely around the edge of the blanket, (the fleece is now firmly attached), I switched to a size J hook and more periwinkle yarn to go around with a scalloped edge.





1 Comments:

  • You should seriously sell your patterns! Every one of them is gorgeous!

    By Blogger Cetta, at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home