beck's blog

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hogwart's House Shields Afghan

This is really colorful! I think it has the most colors in a tunisian afghan that I've ever done. (Images are clickable for enlargement).




This time I used a size H circular crochet hook. (It has a hook on each end but I just put a rubber band on the one end so the stitches would stay on the cable.)


This shows the front and the back.....


I trimmed it by doing half-double crochet in clusters of three, two and one. I had to change between rows to keep it flat. I used one main House color to represent each House.

The graph was from here...

http://www.geocities.com/crochetshoppe/patterns.html

You need to download the Pattern Viewer first which is located at the bottom of the page. There is also another Harry one on here.

As you can see, I did not crochet the banner around the shield. (With "Hogwarts" and "Never tickle a sleeping dragon" motto).(The graph was something like 18 pages and I decided to only make the middle).

I really loved doing this project!

5 Comments:

  • Wow, your other stuff has been beautiful but yeah, the sheer amount of colour in this one makes it extra amazing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • WOW - your afghan is amazing! I am a knitter and everything crochet amazes me!
    http://bonaircat.blogspot.com

    I am a Cat also -

    By Blogger Cat, at 4:22 AM  

  • Geocities is closed now. Is there any other way to get the pattern?

    By Blogger coolstuff_onhold@yahoo.com, at 3:56 PM  

  • Hmmm,
    I even used the Wayback machine with that url and all the patterns and photos have been removed.

    I think you'll have to contact the owner of that site. I found this e-mail address over there...

    donnascrochetshoppe@comcast.net

    And a new site here

    http://www.donnascrochetshoppe.com/custom_graphs.html

    So, I'd send her a request for the pattern.

    It looks like she charges a small fee now or something. I hope she still offers the Harry Potter pattern for you.

    Good Luck!!!!!

    By Blogger Becky, at 6:03 PM  

  • Thanks for your help!

    By Blogger coolstuff_onhold@yahoo.com, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home