It's from a knitter's blog in which she designed an argyle, (or shoud I say Arrrgyle?), sock pattern.
Here's a link to her pattern...
I first made just one square. It's the lower left one. I realized this needed to be made with many more squares to get the argyle affect.
While taking these pictures, it suddenly hit me that I should have made 15 skulls. Then I could have sung "15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest" or something really cool, but, oh well. LOL!!!!
My son is about 5'10 and here he is with the blanket around himself. It's approximately 52 inches wide by 60 inches long.
For the top and bottom trim pattern, I used the Mosaic Pattern from the back of an old yarn package. Here's a link to that pattern...
Mosaic Tote Pattern
I ran out of the one gray and it was a discontinued yarn color so I had to make do with what I had. I don't really mind it. There is so much going on in this blanket I don't think it matters too much.
Here's the back. As I was working on this, I did haul it outside to take pictures of it while I used the cable hook. Most of the photos turned out blurry though, I was too close to the project. But I could still upload those pics if anyone's interested.
This was a very difficult project as there were many many color changes throughout. I would recommend you start by trying just the one graph and see if you can handle it. Tripling the graph both height and width was absoloutely mind-scrambling and I put it down three or four times for about a month in between because I just got so tired of working on it. But I do love it very much. I need to write that lady and thank her for this fabulous graph. I will put the link in my right sidebar too.
I have two more skull projects I need to post before Halloween comes. They are really cool and I hope you will like them too. But now I am ahead of myself. I must go have some hot rum drink and curl up with this Arrrgyle blanket. :o)