beck's blog

Saturday, July 29, 2006

John Lennon : Imagine Afghan





I worked on this all week. I still need to weave in all the ends of yarn in back, but I thought it was a good idea to get pictures of it before the weaving so you could actually see what-all it takes to crochet one of these. LOTS of yarn color changes!!!! (As usual, all images should be clickable to enlarge).




















And here's the back with the loose threads which I need to weave in still...











I think it turned out great. The tunisian stitch does distort the actual picture just a bit. His face looks a bit longer in the photo I used, and his autograph too. But I think, overall, it still worked. Hope you like it!

8 Comments:

  • Fabulous Job! Love the Dylan bag too!

    By Blogger Andi, at 7:27 PM  

  • you are waaay more patient than I am. I am still fussing over my little black eyed susan granny square. Your new blankie is fabulous!

    By Blogger Gina, at 8:30 AM  

  • I think it's amazing! I tried to make a graph on that site you mentioned with a jimi hendrix picture but it's come out kind of blurry and you can't really make out what it is...do you think I should just use a black&white photo instead?

    By Blogger Knitted_Painting, at 4:04 AM  

  • Hey Petra!
    I looked around and found two really great Hendrix pics that could work for you.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/snapegrace/hendrix__by_jus986.jpg
    and
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/snapegrace/JIMI.jpg
    I'm not sure what this comment will do the the links once I add my comment, but if the links get broken, just copy and paste them into your browser and get rid of the extra spaces.
    I especially love the first one. Good luck to you and I'd love to see some pictures when you finish it!

    By Blogger Becky, at 6:36 AM  

  • Where do you find the time to do such amazing things!?! This one is as wonderful as all of the rest of the things you do. (And would fit nicely in my house by the way ;) ) I really love visiting your site and seeing all the amazing things you do.

    By Blogger Tab, at 9:17 AM  

  • I think your creations are "bloody brilliant!!!"

    Oh how I wish i was as creative as you.

    Just a question. How long does it take you to make your itmes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:46 PM  

  • Hi leeanne!
    Hmmm, it depends on what it is. And how obsessed,......I mean passionate I am about making it. LOL! This Lennon one was about two weeks.

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:25 AM  

  • Beautiful work. I don't envy your job of weaving in all those loose ends, though! It will be worth it, though. Congratulations on a great job.

    Best regards,

    Kristin Omdahl
    www.styledbykristin.com

    By Blogger styledbykristin, at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home