beck's blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Beatles Photo and Link to Make a Chart

Well, since a few of you have been asking, this is the best I can do to offer up the Beatles chart for you.
First. Copy this photo to your computer.





Then go to this site..

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

and upload the photo. I used the middle grid size option - Big (96w x 120h) for the crochet section.

And push the submit button.

Hopefully you have Adobe or some other pdf file reader so that you can see your new chart. Then just print it out.

I don't have "pdf-to-html" conversion hardware or else I'd just post the grid right here. I also have no idea how to post a pdf file. I admit it. I'm a lame-oid when it comes to computers. I'm just glad I'm able to post anything at all on here

I used a Flexible Susan Bates Silvalume size J hook to crochet the blanket. It looks like a J hook with a long cable attached to the end with a "stopper" at the other end of the cable. This allows you to load up the cable with all your stitches and the "plug" prevents your stitches from slipping off the end. It's the greatest invention ever. Well, ok this and perhaps the wheel. Oh, and fire. Is fire an invention? No, I think that's a discovery. Now I'm having a bit of a silly conversation with myself so I think I'll just stop here..




Good luck to all of you!

3 Comments:

  • Thank you for sharing that site I had never heard of it before!^_^

    By Blogger Knitted_Painting, at 4:08 AM  

  • You could always post the grid by opening it and then clicking print screen and paste it in paint for example. By the way, which size tunisian crochet hook do you usually use? Because I was planning on buying some :D

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:20 AM  

  • Hi Tessel!
    I am on a Mac computer and when I click on it to open it, (after making the grid at microrevolt and saving it to my desktop), it doesn't say print screen as an option.
    It does have print, of course, which is what I did to print myself the graph.
    I don't even know if this Mac has a "paint" place to put it in.
    All I know is it gets saved as a pdf and photobucket won't allow me to upload it. (It doesn't acknowledge it as an option for uploading.)

    My favorite hook to use for tunisian stitch is the size J cabled hook. I got mine at Hobby Lobby. So cheap and I love it!!!!! I think its a Susan Bates Silvalume.

    By Blogger Becky, at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home