beck's blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Skull Purse and Fingerless Gloves

Just in time for Halloween; a tunisian-stitched skull purse and fingerless gloves to match. (Images are clickable for enlargement).








The front and back of the purse are exactly the same. I just made the graph twice and sewed the two squares together. Along the top I did a basketweave stitch and joined the bag to the handles. I like how the wooden beads of the handle kind of sound like bones clicking together when holding it.

I used two different graphs for these. The purse graph is from here...

Helloyarn.com







and the fingerless gloves graph is from here.....

Crafster.org

I had the hardest time taking pictures of myself in the gloves.







This is a shot of the front and back of the gloves. I just made the graph, joined the two ends together, then single crocheted around the bottom and top. I continued around the top, made a chain from front to back through my thumb, then worked more single crochets until I liked the length.

2 Comments:

  • Saw your work at Crochetville and came to look - just love ALL your skull stuff! The sweater and afghan are super!

    If you knit also, somewhere on the web in my ramblings I found a black knit sweater pattern with skull cables! Of course, it was late at night and I forgot to bookmark, but it's out there and I'm going to try it someday.

    grrlsmom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • Rats! I don't know how to knit but I did a bit of googling and found the skull cable pattern here...
    http://www.helloyarn.com/freepatterns.htm
    I see it's the same Hello Yarn blog where my gloves chart was from. She has lots of awesome graphs and patterns there. That cabled skull looks too cool!
    Have you also seen the Yorick scarf, ("Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well, Horatio....." -Hamlet)
    http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTyorick.html
    How cute is that??!!
    Wish I could knit.
    I wonder if a crocheted Yorick scarf pattern is out there. Hmmmmmm.....

    By Blogger Becky, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home