beck's blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Genie and Simba wiggly Trivets

When Robin Williams died, I wanted to make a crocheted genie in memory of his wonderful life and talents. I decided to make a wiggly trivet. It was really hard and I don't think it turned out very Robin-Williams-esque. But I tried. (Please click on the pictures to enlarge them).


I originally had blue eyes but they didn't show up well. So they are green. His nose is blue. There's a top-knot of hair, earrings, beard, and even a genie lamp, (a very crude one). It's so tough to fit it all in and be confined to a grid pattern.

While I was at it, I made a Simba wiggly trivet too.
It's from this

 sand art picture that Rafiki, (that wise monkey guy), draws on the rock in the beginning when Simba is born.

Again, it was hard to make within the confines of a grid.
I hope folks can figure out who/what it is anyways.

I don't believe I made a post of my Simba afghan I made for my son. I may have to snag it back from him and get a couple of pictures and post it.

I finished another chocolate bunny wiggly trivet too. Just because they are fun to make.


I chose green and orange because bunnies like carrots. :)

1 Comments:

  • So cute and glad to see you posting again! I love seeing what you come up with next!

    By Blogger CC, at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home