beck's blog

Friday, February 23, 2007

You're The One That I Want - Travolta Afghan





Yes! It's John Travolta from the movie Grease! This was a commissioned afghan by someone for their daughter who loves John Travolta.





It measures approximately 47" by 66", (about the size of a single sized mattress).





Here's another angle. I had to stand on an old tv table to try and get above it.

I used Caron one pounders in white and black and an absolutely gorgeous Periwinkle color in Red Heart.
I used my new size N cabled crochet hook.


Everyone's been saying, "Sign your work! Get labels! Something!" So I went ahead and ordered fabric labels to sew on my things as a way of saying, "Hey! I made this!" (My close-up shots are blurry. Sorry about that.)










And here's a couple of back shots. The back really doesn't look bad at all.

I got the picture of Travolta from a stencil sight. They used a poster of Grease! so I just blew up the picture and cut out Olivia Newton-John and graphed it.

1 Comments:

  • OMG! That is one stunning Ghan! Beautiful job on it!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home