beck's blog

Friday, February 02, 2007

Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky - Hendrix Afghan

Finally!!!! I got this done!!!!
In honor of Black History Month here in the U.S.,I bring you.......

Jimi Hendrix







(Images are clickable for enlargement).

A while ago when I did my Beatles afghan, someone visiting here asked me if I had a Hendrix graph. Well, after googling around a bit, I found this super-fan-tab-u-lo-sa picture. It was soooo great, I HAD to try it myself.





I had to wait until my son came home from school to hold it up. So the sun was at a very low angle. And it's freeeeeezing out today!!!!

Here's the backside. It looks very scary like he's a zombie or something!!!






The hair was very difficult but I think it was very rewarding as well. The original picture had a hot pink background but I didn't have that color. I'm glad because I really like the neon green. I used the Red Heart warm brown left over from my Hogwarts blanket. It couldn't be too dark so the black would show up.

I just love making these "pop art" looking blankets so much. I was thinking of starting my own business and selling some. But I would only make one of any image. (I really think I would go mad creating the same image over and over again. That's just not right).

I have to think on that some more. I really don't even know where to start. Anyway, hope you all enjoy Jimi. He's very cool!!!

3 Comments:

  • that is sooo awesome!!

    By Blogger Gina, at 6:09 PM  

  • OH My GOSH BECKY! You are amazing! I am bouncing up and down in my seat, 'cause I am so excited about these blankets (Dr.King too). I gotta send your link to my mom now...

    AMAZING!!!

    By Blogger BellaKarma, at 8:45 AM  

  • Hi Becky,
    It's Jill's mom! I just saw your work and FEAKED OUT over it. YOU are AMAZING (to echo my daughter!).

    Since your PopArtBlankets are one of a kind...maybe you should auction them off on eBay - they would probably bring in a small fortune!

    You rock!

    By Blogger ~jolene, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home