beck's blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Nature Wiggly Trivets

Another Earth Day is coming and I've been making more wiggly trivets.
So I'm calling this set "Nature Trivets". (Please click on the photos to enlarge them).

In keeping with my vow to use only the supplies I have on hand, I've tried to use up the variegated threads I've accumulated. One of these trivets is done in all variegated thread.


It's a bit hard to make out what's in the scene, (kind of reminds me of a watercolor painting), but it  consists of a sun in the upper left corner, two flying black birds, one large flower in the center, one small flower in the lower left, and a tree going along the right side up and curving to the left.


A butterfly.


A snake.


And a dragonfly.


Here's the back of that one which is difficult to make out. Maybe you can see the things easier from this side.


You might as well see the backs of the other two as well. (I cut that long black thread after this photo was taken. Sorry about that).

Happy Earth Day! 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home