beck's blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Paul Klee's Senecio needlepoint


This is a needlepoint I finished last year. It's still needs stretching and framing.

I had bought this old Simplicity pattern from a retro shop.
I still needed to buy the needlepoint canvas and then just iron-on the design's outline included in the package.
(There were actually two inside. I suppose in case one was damaged or you goof up or something.)
You can actually reuse the pattern a few times too, I suppose, until it wears out of ink color.

Anyway, I used all my left-over wool needlepoint threads from old kits or threads from kits that I never liked  and only bought for the thread anyway.


The Original Senecio (posted at that web site), is what I used to choose my colors from.
The web sight says that the Senecio -  Paul Klee painting is from 1922 which blows my mind because it looks like something you'd see done in the '60s, doesn't it? Paul Klee must have really been ahead of his time. Hard to believe it will be 100 years old in 8 more years!

It was a lot of fun to make. I wish it weren't so expensive to frame things.

1 Comments:

  • I love it! Great colors!
    I didnt know that Simplicity sold needpoint designs, I thought they just did sewing patterns.
    Sort of looks like an abstract of you (or me!)
    NICE!

    By Blogger CC, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home