beck's blog

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Oh, Deer! Rudolph Sweater Vest

I made this sweater vest from lots of Christmas yarns I had been collecting.


This is the back. I used that one deer pattern from the baby carriage afghan filet crochet pattern a while back.


These two deer I made from a cross stitch deer pattern that I googled.


This is that.

The bottom was simply tunisian crocheting the different colors. I was so excited to use a brand new size L cabled crochet hook from The Crochet Dude line from Boye. However, I was very disappointed with the cable of the thing. Whatever it's made out of doesn't last very long at all. The weak point is where the cable meets the hook. I was barely able to finish this sweater before it began to tear away from the hook. I'm going to have to cut it off and just use the hook as a regular L crochet hook. What a complete waste of money.

Anyway, here's a couple of photos with a hideous person modeling the sweater.


The front keeps curling away on both sides. Maybe that will stop after a while of usage.


I actually wore this to a Christmas party this past Christmas. It was very warm.



1 Comments:

  • Very cool! (or I should say, Very Warm!) Looks like it could be a "house coat" as my mother-in-law used to call a robe. A snuggly sweater robe!
    I like the two distinct parts of top and bottom. The squares look like a patchwork quilt.

    By Blogger CC, at 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home