beck's blog

Friday, March 02, 2012

Filet Crochet Baby Animals Carriage Crib Cover 2

Back in June of 2011 I posted my Filet Crochet Carriage Crib Cover.
Well, someone posted that there was another pattern out there which was similar only it had more animals or different designs of the baby animals.

Well, I did track that pattern down and decided to make another afghan with it.
It's another Laura Wheeler / Alice Brooks type pattern. (Although there is no mention of their names on this pattern either).
The pattern is simply called Design 7577.

So, on the most awesome of Leap Days, I went outside and snapped lots of photos of the new blanket.
(Click on the photos to enlarge them).

Photobucket


This is the front.

Photobucket

And this is the back. There really is no difference except for the single crochet stitch where I joined the blocks. It kind of looks like a seam. A bit raised.

I used the same DMC Cebelia thread size 10 that I used in the first afghan. I only had to buy one of each color since I already had enough from what was left over before because you still need two skeins for each block.

I wanted the lamb to be white so I used the purple to border the squares this time.

Photobucket

Here are the two afghans side by side. This second one is slightly smaller because the squares were a different size. If you wanted to make all of them on one afghan you'd need to add an extra row along the top or bottom of each square as well as one along a side of each square from the second patterns animals.


Photobucket

Here's a couple more shots. I had to stand on a chair to fit them both in the picture.

Photobucket

As you can see I made both the dogs blue, both the cats pink, and the rabbits in both afghans are a peach color.
The lamb's in white.
I love the deer in yellow!

I still have no idea what the animal is in green in this second afghan.
It's not a squirrel like in the first afghan. It doesn't have a bushy tail.
Is it a chipmunk? A baby bear? A gopher?
What the heck is that animal??! LOL!

4 Comments:

  • It's a baby skunk, those could be stripes on it's forhead and fumes coming out from behind

    By Blogger CC, at 5:42 AM  

  • Well, I'd thought about that. But I think a skunk would have a much larger tail and also if you look again at the animals, the dog also had those wispy strands. Plus many of the animals in the first one have them too. I think are supposed to be ribbons like from a bow around their necks or something.

    By Blogger Becky, at 6:28 AM  

  • I like filet crochet - this is so beautiful !

    By Blogger Disneypal, at 3:50 AM  

  • I am hoping that you will share your pattern(s), as I have been searching high and low for this very pattern. I am more than willing to swap or purchase the pattern. Thank you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home