beck's blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Puppet Pal Snape Car Seat Cover

This post is to cheer up my sister who is in the hospital.
I hope you have access to a laptop and I hope you get better soon!


I have been busy. This is my sort of crocheted homage to the very witty Neil Cicierega; creator of the fabulous "Potter Puppet Pals" clips.





It is a Snape Puppet Pal Car Seat Cover. (Click on the pics for enlargement).
You can put it on your driver's seat.
This way, when you get up to leave he will be guarding your car until you return.
The second pic. shows the back of the seat.
I attached three black elastic bands and crocheted two string ties on the top to prevent it from slipping down.





These are just two shots of how it looks from the front. Of course Snape would absolutely be driving a green VW Beetle! These pictures cracked me up as I was taking them.





Now, for those fans of "Driving Miss Daisy", we have Snape in the passenger seat riding "shotgun" for you.
You could say you were "Driving Professor Snape". (Although; in light of recent events, I don't think he's a Professor anymore.)
Then it would be "Driving Mr. Snape"

(But I don't think he'd help you with directions or map-reading however.)

I like him over here better because then you can drive around and people can see him.
I haven't been brave enough to try it out myself yet.

And you can see I've taken my photos inside the garage with the door down so my neighbors couldn't see what I was doing.
Yes, I am a big chicken.

Cyn!!!

8 Comments:

  • I LOVE this so much!!! Don't be chicken, take him out for a spin. I would absolutely go to our local drive up icecream shop, and order a sundae just for Snape! You must let us know how well he holds up when you do use him. I never thought of crocheting seat covers, but you have certainly opened my eyes. I wonder what yarn would be best?

    Great great job!!

    By Blogger Tab, at 12:20 PM  

  • Hi Becky,
    It is the "other" Becky... Cindy does not have the internet right now. She couldn't get it to work. I am going to try to get to Madison to help her get it going. Your work is amazing :)

    Love,
    Beck, The Second

    By Blogger Mrs. Gehrke, at 1:20 PM  

  • OMG THIS SO FUNNY !!!!! I love it!!!

    By Blogger KnittyGirl, at 7:35 PM  

  • You kill me! and I love your blog. I LOVE Snape and everything you've done. You're wonderful and so creative!


    Hope your sissy gets well soon.

    By Blogger Mariana, at 5:57 PM  

  • Man-o-man... if you don't take Severus out for a spin... I'm going to have to steal him from you just so I can!!! Heck... I'd make a whole group of 'em... Harry, Dumbledore... I'd actully probably find myself talking to them in the car!!! :)

    By Blogger Marcia Fiedorowicz, at 9:21 AM  

  • So cute! The one where it looks like he's driving had me laughing out loud! You think of the most clever ideas!

    Hope your sister is doing much better!

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 8:30 AM  

  • Do you have a pattern or instructions you could send or put on your blog for beginners, I want to make one, but don't know where to start..thank you

    By Blogger becky, at 3:06 PM  

  • Please post a pattern !!! I need a car full of puppet pals !

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home